In 2012 A/WAY worked as ABQ sprout hosting recurring public dinners funding micro-grants for local creative projects that contributed to the Albuquerque community.
Our Sunday Soup style dinners worked in the following way:
- We randomly choose 10 grant proposals from the project submissions.
- These 10 ideas are presented at a community dinner.
- Volunteers prepare dinner.
- Proposals are presented in 5 minute sprouts.
- Everyone receives a ballot and votes on what they believe best fits Albuquerque’s needs.
- Sliding scale fees ($15-30) for dinner provide an immediate micro-grant to the winner.